There was a parent meeting on 15 February at school. All the school management committee members, all the teacher staffs, all the parent teacher association members and 50 parents were present at meeting. Most of the parents who attended were the mothers/carers. They had a good discussion on each agenda.
Headteacher Rameshwor presented the agenda to be discussed. The parent meeting endorsed the following agendas:
- the school anniversary will be organised on 3 March.
- to fix the electricity at school.
- to bring a computer to the school and appoint a computer teacher.
- to collect NRP 100 from each parent for the salary of the computer teacher.
- to nominate Banu Bhujel from Pari Gaon in place of Dil Maya Bhujel and Ram Bahadur Bhujel as new members of the School Management Committee.
- to appoint Ram Maya bhujel ( Kumar’s (the caretaker) wife ) for the post of litter officer in place of Ran Bahadur Bhujel.
- to start student admission champion immediately after yearly exam result.
After the parent meeting Bikram and the school held a separate staff meeting. All the project staff expressed their willingness to continue their job for next school year. They hope that there will be around 100 children studying in the school by the new session. Therefore they will need more bowls, glasses and spoons for the school lunch (khaja). They will also need some more learning materials and educational/fun games.
In light of this increase the project will need to increase the money provided for both khaja and school materials, possibly as much as 50% to what it is currently. The project staff are also hoping a reasonable increment in their salary.
Bikram met with Urmila’s (a student being supported by one of our donors) mother, Junki Bhujel, and gave her NRP 400.00 for the month of Magh to support with Urmila’s schooling costs. Until now (this current academic year), Bikram has given Urmila and her family NRp 4000.00.
Pampha and Kamala (project teachers) will join training that is organised by Seto Gurans in Bandipur on 26 and 27 February.
There is an immunisation programme for Rubela, measels and polio to be held on 28 February at Jaldevi Primary School, Kalchok nearby Thumka, for children from 9 months to 5 years. So they will take all the school children there for their immunisations.
It is confirmed that the project will need to contribute NRP 348,914.00 as 70 percent of total cost to construct the new nursery building.
The local government, the Bandipur municipality, have given money to cover for new desks and benches for the new Class 5.
One of the villagers whose house is being rebuilt/repaired, Junkiri Bhujel, is taking medicine regularly to help recover from TB. She also took part in the parent meeting yesterday.
Ram Maya Bhujel (the new Litter Officer) has been made clear about her duty.